It seems like when people make the switch to a paleo lifestyle, they naturally gravitate towards this classic dish for a snack, especially when it comes to parties and get togethers. I can’t tell you how many of these I’ve eaten in my lifetime because it’s quite honestly, way too many to even think about.
After awhile of just eating the standard bacon wrapped date, I decided it was high time to experiment with adding another dimension by stuffing the dates first. From now on, this is the only way I will make bacon wrapped dates. I’ve used a whole myriad of different foods to incorporate in them but my favorite boil down to these 3: chorizo, goat cheese or a single almond with the two biggest crowd pleasers in my experience being chorizo and goat cheese. Next time you’re attending a paleo potluck or hosting one, whip up a batch of these stuffed with your favorite item and it’s sure to be a hit with everyone.
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- While oven is preheating, stuff dates with food of your choice and set aside.
- Cut each slice of bacon into 3 equal pieces and wrap each stuffed date with a section of bacon, securing it with a toothpick.
- Place dates on a sheet pan with a rack insert to ensure air flow while cooking, and place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Once finished, removed dates from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Place on a serving dish and watch them disappear!
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****