Over the holidays, while I was home in Colorado, the men in my family decided to go on a pheasant hunt. Sort of like a family male bonding day trip. Overall, the trip was a success. We managed to get 27 birds in total which yielded the perfect amount of livers for a nice Christmas dinner pâté. This is definitely a great special occasion sort of appetizer to make for a big group. The rich creamy texture and flavor is perfect for the holidays.
- Put 2 Tbs Butter in a pan and saute livers and shallots until livers are browned but still rosy on the inside.
- Put livers and shallots in a food processor and set aside.
- Put brandy into saute pan and reduce by half.
- Add brandy, seasonings and cream to food processor and puree to a smooth paste.
- Add melted butter and blend.
- Transfer pâté to a small crock and refrigerate until firm. Serve with your favorite veggies or paleo crackers.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****