Well, they’ve done it again. Two of the hardest working people I know have released yet ANOTHER book. My good friends, Bill and Hayley from The Food Lovers’ Primal Palate have been working hard on an expansion of their wildly popular ebook 30 Day Intro to Paleo called The 30 Day Guide to Paleo Cooking. Let me tell you, this book doesn’t disappoint.
So what does this book have that their other ones don’t? Well, first off, all the recipes in The 30 Day Guide to Paleo Cooking are designed to be as clean as possible. Meaning that there are no ‘gray area’ or ‘paleo cheats’ in it. I know that Bill and Hayley are known for their amazing desserts (my birthday cake will now forever be their fantastic carrot cake from Make it Paleo) but this book has a different idea in mind: Eating as clean as possible as easy as possible. The book itself is broken down into 3 parts:
- Part 1 covers the basics of the Paleo diet. The information in this section is focused on many common questions and concerns that people have about the Paleo Diet; the questions people actually need answers for. How do I build a meal? How do I go grocery shopping? What can I eat and drink? What sort of ingredients do I need to stock my kitchen?
- Part 2 provides the actual meal plan, which guides the reader through their first 30 days of Paleo. This isn’t meant to be trial by fire in the kitchen. Rather, the meal plan is geared towards busy people who need to find the balance between creating delicious AND easy meals. This section contains easy-to-follow weekly meal plans accompanied by handy shopping lists, all of which are available as tear-outs in the back of the book.
- Part 3 of the book is a presentation of 75 of our best new recipes, which are squeaky-clean Paleo. You won’t find any desserts or sweet treats in this book. The recipes are tasty, easy to execute, and won’t put a strain on your wallet either.
Whether you are new to Paleo or have been doing it a while. The recipe ideas are fresh and creative, so even long-time Paleo folks will appreciate the new meal ideas too. If you have loved ones or friends in your life you want to adopt a healthier lifestyle, this book is the perfect guide to get them started. Other features in the book include:
- 75 ALL NEW RECIPES
- The recipes are the most straightforward and “cleanest” out of their three books.
- 30 Day Meal Plan with Weekly Shopping Lists and tear-out guides.
- Accessible, easy to understand info on the Paleo diet.
- 24 bonus “Express Eats” recipes
- Meal building tips and shopping tips
- Success Stories
- Answers to frequently asked questions about topics such as: Cholesterol, Gluten, Carbohydrates, Soy, Fats, Calcium, and much more!
The bottom line is, you need this book. Not only are the photos amazing as usual (they’re actually better that their other books), but the book is laid out in an easy to understand way so that anyone can not only cook these amazing recipes, but also understand WHY eating this way is so beneficial. Whether you’re just starting your Paleo journey or are a multi-year veteran of grain-free eating, this book is going to be a great addition to your bookshelf. The easy, approachable style taken towards the Paleo diet is super simple for people to adopt and see great results.
I was able to get permission to make and post the recipe for their new Italian Wedding Soup. Like all of their recipes, it was super simple to make, yet amazingly delicious. For the entire hour that the soup was simmering away on the stove, my apartment (not to mention the entire hallway outside) smelled AMAZING. This is definitely something I will be making a lot more in the future.
- Season the ground beef with adobo seasoning and set aside
- Bring the bone broth to a boil
- Add the chicken thighs to the pot, along with the carrot and celery
- Roll the ground beef into small meat balls and drop into the lightly boiling soup.
- Season soup with salt, pepper, and oregano
- Boil for 5 minutes, and reduce to simmer and cover. After about 15 minutes add the escarole to the pot
- Simmer up to one hour, and enjoy!
The 30 Day Guide to Paleo Cooking is officially out and in stores everywhere! You can find it in Costco stores nationwide (and in all the Canadian stores too), Barnes & Noble, and of course: Amazon.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****